I made this recipe, but with 1 addition. I added 2 T heavy cream and whipped the frosting on medium speed for 2 minutes which made the frosting very fluffy and delicious.
The recipe is very good (I used my own homemade salted caramel sauce) but no way does it make 3 cups, or enough to ice 24 cupcakes. I have 5 unfrosted cupcakes and I didn’t pile the icing on. I did the ‘rose’ look using the Wilton 1M tip.
- 1 cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup Butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup Milk
- 2 1/2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon of Sea Salt (or 1/8 teaspoon of Table Salt)
- Decorating Bags
- Wilton 2D Decorating Tip
- In heavy saucepan, combine the brown sugar, butter and milk.
- Cook and stir over a low heat until the brown sugar is dissolved.
- Increase the heat to medium. Do not stir.
- Cook for 3-6 minutes until either bubbles form in the center of the pan or the mixture turns amber.
- Rеmоvе frоm the hеаt аnd transfer thе саrаmеl mixture tо a ѕmаll bоwl.
- Cool to room temperature.
- Add caramel mixture to a mixer.
- Grаduаllу mix іn роwdеrеd sugar untіl соmbіnеd, сrеаmу аnd the соrrесt consistency.
- It’s simple and so good. Enjoy!