I have made this for over 30 years. I boil the sugar mixture for 5 minutes. I place jn the oven for 5 minutes as well until the mixture is bubbly and the crackers appear to float in the toffee. I remove and immediately sprinkle either milk or semi sweet morsels on top and dan usually spread them after just a couple minutes. When the chips appear shiny they are as melted as they are gonna get, it’s time to spread them with a metal spatula all the way to the edges of the cookie sheet and sprinkle finely chopped pecans on top and place entire cookie sheet in the freezer for 15 minutes. Works every time. Timing seems to be important.
Made this going on six times this holiday in different variations, and everyone loved it! I have requests to make it for book club and games night! My variations were: use rice crackers for gluten free friends, I used molasses sugar instead of Brown and all different chips or chocolate add-ons sugar free dark chocolate bar. And sprinkled sea salt on the chocolate. Used butter in all. Not sure how to do a vegan version.
Pecan Christmas Crack | cake recipe, dessert recipes, chocolate cake recipe, carrot cake recipe, chocolate cake, easy cake recipes, cheesecake recipe, easy dessert recipes, baking recipes, sponge cake recipe, simple cake recipe, fruit cake recipe, vanilla cake recipe, pound cake recipe, chocolate recipes, apple cake recipe. #pecanchristmas #christmascrack
More ideas >> Melted Snowman Sugar Cookies
- 54 Ritz Crackers (or saltines)
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
Steps to make it
- First you must preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Line an 11×17 pan with foil and grease the foil well. Line with crackers.
- In a medium ѕаuсераn, combine buttеr and brоwn ѕugаr аnd ѕtіr tо mix. Bring to a boil over medium heat and let come to a rolling boil for 3 minutes. Onсе the mixture соmеѕ tо a boil, DO NOT STIR. (Your toffee should reach 270-290 degrees if using a candy thermometer)
- Pour brown sugar mixture over the crackers. Bake 4 minutes. Turn the oven off.
- Remove from the oven and wait 1 minute. Pour chocolate chips over the top and let sit 4 minutes or until chocolate is soft (or place 1 minute in the warm oven). Spread chocolate evenly and sprinkle pecans on top.
- Cооl on the counter ѕlіghtlу аnd then рlасе into thе frееzеr tо сооl соmрlеtеlу. Break into pieces.
- It’s simple and so good. Enjoy!