I made this tonight and it came together quickly. I used wheat penne pasta and it was delicious. It was also approved by my family and I like that all the ingredients are healthy and not processed.
I tried this with leftover rotisserie chicken and black beans. It was very good and very easy. I used a spiral brown rice pasta and Rotel tomatoes and chilies rather than salsa. I think next time I’ll top it with crumbly Mexican cheese. Leftovers were also very good.
Fiesta chicken casserole | chicken recipes, crock pot recipes, chicken breast recipes, easy chicken recipes, soup recipes, chili recipe, chicken casserole, slow cooker recipes, chicken salad recipe, meatloaf recipe, chicken thigh recipes, chicken casserole recipes, chicken curry recipe, chicken soup recipe, chicken dishes, baked chicken recipes, baked chicken, healthy chicken recipes, lasagna recipe, chicken recipes for dinner, rice recipes, butter chicken recipe, casserole recipes. #fiesta #chicken #casserole
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup salsa
- 1 can (15 oz) corn (drained)
- 1 can (15 oz) black beans (drained & rinsed)
- 2 cups cooked shredded/chunked chicken
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- First you must heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare a 9×13 baking dish and spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Don’t forget to salt the pasta water. I use about 1 teaspoon salt.
- While pasta is cooking, combine sour cream, salsa, cumin, garlic powder, and onion powder in a large mixing bowl.
- Drain the pasta when it’s done cooking and add into the sour cream mixture. Stir to combine. Add in the corn, black beans, chicken, and 1 cup of the shredded cheese. Stir together to combine.
- Pour into the baking dish and sprinkle the remaining cheese on top. Cover with tin foil and cook for 20 minutes.
- Take the tin foil off and let cook an additional 5 minutes. Garnish with green onions, tomato, and avocado slices if wanted.
- It’s simple and so good. Enjoy!